09 September 2010

Reservations

I have reservations in just a few minutes at Bonefish Grill.
I also have reservations about this dinner. I do hope I enjoy it. I mean, I am excited, but also quite nervous, as I stated in the previous post.

But enough about my scaredy-cat nerves....

I have done all the preparation I could for this transition. Mainly, I talked to my doc, because of the complete lack of info on the internet about switching from vegetarian to omnivore. There's a plethora of info on going from omnivore to veg, but basically NOTHING about switching the other way. This scares me, but I'll just have to do what I always do when faced with something scary - stick a grin on my face, and plow on through. After all, it couldn't possibly kill me, right?

So, about my doc... She's a wonderful doctor, and always takes time to talk to me about all my concerns when I see her. In fact, I'm the type of patient who takes notes with me so I don't forget what I wanted to ask about. On this venture, I figured she'd have some thoughtful and insightful advice.... Boy, was I wrong.
I posed my question, "I'm switching from 19+ years of vegetarian to an omnivorous diet in a few months. How should I go about this change to minimize any bad effects?"
She said, "Um... Just eat it??"
Thankfully, she did follow up her very funny (albeit, smart-assed) comment with some good suggestions, like start slowly, add in elements as you feel comfortable, etc.

The most important thing, really, is that I enjoy this meal. I've got my fingers crossed.

I'm planning a post with pics coming up... Here I go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment