10 September 2010

Thwarted Coup D'Etat

It seems that my fears yesterday were somewhat unfounded. I've felt just fine all day... Haven't noticed a single side effect of practically eating my weight in seafood last night.
I have decided, though, to take my transition slowly, starting with seafood, for a few reasons.

1. Seafood has never really been my cup 'o tea. If I started with something, like chicken or beef, which I ate regularly in my pre-veg years, I probably would never learn to appreciate it. I figured that my tastes have changed, and I should give seafood a chance to redeem itself.

2. I want to learn how to properly cook seafood...especially fish. I don't have the experience with it that I have with chicken or beef, and I want to learn a few techniques so that it becomes something I naturally integrate into my new diet.

3. This is the BIG one: I didn't want to get sick. I don't know why seafood seemed like the mildest choice for my body to adjust to first, but it did. I certainly didn't want to go nuts over that filet mignon I've had in my dreams, just to feel awful the next day and reconsider my whole plan.

That's right. Essentially, I didn't want to pussy out. I'm not one to pussy out on much of anything, and to me, this was a pretty big decision that I thought about for the better part of this year.

I'm still looking forward to my rare filet mignon, but I'm resigned to wait for it, knowing that once I do get it, I'll truly enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment