21 September 2010

Tuesday Night Supper Club

More often than not, Tuesday nights are spent with Hope and Jeremy. We have a standing dinner date, either at my house, or at their house.
We cook each other dinner, hang out for a bit, discuss the week while we eat.

Normally, I provide the veggies/side dishes, and Hope makes the protein. She doesn't eat pork, so normally she'll bring chicken of some sort to go with whatever dish I'm making.

Since I started my new diet, I asked her to share her favorite seafood dish with me.

She made parmesan crusted tilapia. This is the fish, prepped, ready for the oven. 400 degrees, 'til it's done.


Hope raided my fridge for the sauce. That's mayo, spicy mustard, a little oregano, seasoned salt, cayenne, and a splash of lemon juice. Mix, set aside.
I made some roasted cauliflower, potatoes and carrots with a herbed garlic seasoning. Hint: I totally cheated, and used a soup mix for the seasoning. Toss the veg with a little oil and the seasoning mix, and into the oven for 30ish minutes. I have convection for my oven, so use it if ya got it.
This dish was tasty!! The sauce was creamy and had just a bit of kick from the cayenne and mustard. The fish was flaky, perfectly cooked, and the seasoning didn't overpower at all.
I'll make the fish again. Hope promises to get the recipe to me soon.
Maybe if we're lucky, she'll post it...

No comments:

Post a Comment