At this point, I'm waiting for the digestive coup d'etat. I know it's coming, I know it's near, and I know it probably won't be pretty.
So far, though, I'm feeling pretty good about the whole dinner. I tried some new things, was pleasantly surprised by everything, and while I probably didn't taste anything I'd lay awake at night thinking about (I'm talking about you, Thai Massaman Curry with Tofu!!), I didn't hate any of it.
As we made our way out of the restaurant, I noticed that I felt really warm. Summer is starting to wane here, and evenings are pleasantly cool. Cool, as in mid-70s, which is a smart change from the stifling 98-105 degree heat we've been stewing in since May. But, even in the cool evening breeze, I was sweating....like my metabolism had kicked into overdrive. It was a very odd sensation, not really unpleasant, just peculiar.
MJ has been asking me since we left dinner if I'm feeling ok. So far, I feel great!!
Let's hope I can answer with the same enthusiasm tomorrow.
I'm making bacon candy for Monday. BACON CANDY.
ReplyDeleteI know.... but I promised Rod that he could feed me my first swine.
ReplyDelete